Monday 11 July 2016

FITTING THE EXHAUST

Now the exhaust wrap has dried up, it has became tighter round the pipes. I had already made it tight on installation but now it's very tight. A good thing to remember if I ever do it again.



To reinstall the down pipes I loosely attached the rear down pipe mount so I didn't need to support the full weight at the top end.


I took the exhaust gaskets and put them in place however they fall out instantly. I therefore applied a small amount of grease since it was within arms reach to the gasket, then put them back in place. The grease make them sticky so they held in place easily.


I them offered up the down pipes to the engine block making sure to line them up correctly. One they were in place I slid on the exhaust brackets and loosely tightened the nuts and bolts to hold the pipes in place. 

I sprayed the threads with some 3in1 oil to lubricate the threads for an easier installation and if nessesary an easier removal. 

I tightened up the bits and bolts until they felt tight in hand. I checked the worship manual but couldn't find any torque value for the bolts.


After this I slid on the silencer and bolted up the rear hanger to take the weight. I then tightens up the silencer clamp on the down piles and finally the rear bolt on the down pipes. 

That should be the exhaust finished. Once the bike is running again, I'll test for leaks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment