Monday 16 May 2016

FOUND OLD PICTURES

Found some old pictures of the bike from around 4 years ago. It had been left outside without even being moved for over 2 years and then put in a garage for another 2 years. This is where it all began for me.

Regarding the bikes history. It was registered in 1998. From there I do not know the history until 2005 where it was bought by a company in Scotland where it was used for rider training. From there it must have been dropped countless times and covered thousands upon thousands of miles.

In 2011 my partner, seeing how much I loved riding motorcycles, decided that she would like to learn how to ride a motorcycle. She went to this company in Paisley and carried pout her lessons on this very bike.

Over the course for 6 months or so, she dropped the bike where the fork, brake disc and countless leavers needed replaced. luckily for the training company, they had engine crash bars on the bike, so no serious damage was caused.

During her lesson, the company told her that she would need to change bike as all the ER5's were getting sold for Suzuki SV650's. However after a quick bit of negotiation, they decided to keep this ER5 until she had passed her test.

A short while later, she passed her test and the bike was retired. Another quick negotiation and they agreed to sell the bike to her for £500. It saved them taking out ads to sell the bike. Included with he bike was new tyres, chain, seat cover and a fresh MOT. 

The bike went home with her after that and must have only covered around 200 miles for the rest of the year. She struggled with confidence and would go out without another person there.

The bike was stored outside from 2012 onwards until 2014 when a new house was bought. I took the bike to my uncles where it was stored in his garage for another 2 years until January 2016. I now have a garage and the bike lives there with my Honda.

I don't like to see any bike wasting away, so this is why I am restoring it. It will be running again and it will be used again. Even is she doesn't want to ride it often, I will be using it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment